Eva Laryšová

* 1933  

  • “I attended the grammar school together with my sister Zdena, but she later had to return home due to the law on one-classroom schools and since I was older than her, I remained there and I graduated. Our teacher for the civic education class was Silvestr Dvořák and there were only three of us girls in the class. One girl sat in the first row and the two of us sat behind her. One day the chair next to Heda was empty. Dvořák, whom we nicknamed stutterer, sat down on the desk and put his feet on the seat of the chair and he pointed to me: ‘Dobrovolná, so where did your father campaign against the agricultural cooperative this time?’ That was his start of the civic education class.”

  • “They imprisoned him because we did not farm. My father went to work for the railway company to do various finishing works on the new railroad from Havlíčkův Brod to Brno. They came for him, they blindfolded him and they told him that they wanted to speak with him. They did a large house search in our home. They were looking for weapons. They came to us with their own hand grenade and they claimed that they had found it in our house and demanded that we tell them where we kept other weapons. My younger sister was still sleeping. She had her duvet pulled over her head and only her feet were protruding from under it. They threw the duvet away. I don’t know who they thought she was. They were searching our house for the whole day. We were not even allowed to go to the toilet. There was one woman and she always accompanied us when we needed to go. They tore out parquets from the floor and they threw out everything from the closets. People then told us that our house had been surrounded for the whole night.”

  • “They arrived in the morning with a truck. It was still dark. They told us what we were able to take with us, and they loaded it onto the truck. We were sitting on the truck with Zdenka and granny [mother] wanted to take some firewood above anything else, so that we would have something to keep us warm. Because of this she did not even take care about the furniture and the other things, and all this has remained there. We then always used to say that we would need this or that, but that it had been left at home. Never mind, we would bring it later. Afterwards. But it never happened.”

  • Celé nahrávky
  • 1

    Králíky, 04.09.2018

    délka: 02:25:34
    nahrávka pořízena v rámci projektu Stories of 20th Century
Celé nahrávky jsou k dispozici pouze pro přihlášené uživatele.

Lost home

Eva Laryšová - 1968
Eva Laryšová - 1968
zdroj: archiv pamětnice

Eva Laryšová, née Dobrovolná, was born on January 30, 1933 in Žďár nad Sázavou as the eldest of three children to her parents Jaromír and Růžena. The family owned a farm in the town with twenty-five hectares of fields. During the collectivization process they refused to join the Unified Agricultural Cooperative (JZD) and the authorities therefore prescribed them very high quotas for deliveries of agricultural products which the family was unable to meet and their machinery and cattle were subsequently confiscated. In 1953 her father was sentenced to three years of imprisonment in a show court trial. All his property was confiscated and his wife and three children were evicted to Dolní Hedeč, more than a hundred kilometres away, without any means of support. Several months later Eva married Antonín Laryš there, whose family had faced similar fate. They had refused to join the JZD as well and his father Vojtěch Laryš was therefore imprisoned, his two sons were sent to the Auxiliary Technical Battalions (PTP) and the rest of the family was evicted from Holešovice in the Opava region. The family then grew potatoes in their small plot of land. Their harvests were quite good, but the authorities then accused them of having stolen the potatoes from the state-owned farm. Based on claims of local officials, in 1957 the court sent Eva‘s father to prison for two years and her husband to about a year and a half. After their release both father and husband returned to work at the state farm, where they were daily seeing the people who had falsely testified against them at court. On the New Year‘s Eve 1960, Eva‘s husband tragically died in a motorcycle accident. Eva then moved with their children into an apartment in Králíky and from 1964 until her retirement she worked in the local factory Tesla. Even after the fall of the communist regime the family did not see the restoration of their property. Their large house on the town square in Žďár nad Sázavou was torn down in 1968 and a new residential quarter named Stalingrad was built in 1950-1960 in the place of their fields.