Stanislava Jägerová

* 1938  

  • “We couldn´t get in contact with her but we had a balcony and there was a window and we would look at her through it and we all would rejoice that she was at home with us. And there is a moment I wouldn´t forget till the day I die, as we went to church with my father, and my mother would go to the bedroom where there was a window facing the street, and she would wave and she would call us. I the only thing I remember was the way she looked back then. That is something you can´t forget. Soo after that, she died.”

  • “They were in contact with the railwaymen in Moravská Ostrava via Obrana Národa ('Defence of the Nation', a resistance organisation). They were organising acts of sabotage, targeting German trains. And as it happened, someone gave them away. They arrested someone who couldn´t stand the torture, and in the end, he gave others away. There raided our house and several of his collaborators had been arrested in Ostrava. Some of them were lucky to come back, but my father wasn´t, unfortunately.”

  • “They would ransack cupboards and beds. There were straw mattresses so they would pierce them, looking for anything that might be stashed there. I was in the bedroom as it happened, and perhaps I felt that something bad was happening. I went down and I told my aunt that they wanted my father to put on clothes from the wardrobe. He had this golden pocket watch which were common back then and one of the Gestapo men would button it to his west.”

  • “After they took away our livestock, they wanted our house, saying that that would turn it into a school and a municipal authority office. As the house was quite fancy back then. And as my siblings had already reached adulthood, they came for me to take me Morkovice, to the monastery. Children lived there, whose parents died or didn´t want to take care of them.” – “And was still been ran by nuns back then?” – “Yes. They came to our house to take me. And my brother would make such a mess. He refused to let them in. Then they came again. On the first occasion, managed to hold his ground; and when they came again, he – we had this shed where we kept wood and the threshing machine – and he would hide me there. And he told them he wouldn´t hand me over.”

  • Celé nahrávky
  • 5

    Tetětice, 02.05.2019

    délka: 02:35:22
    nahrávka pořízena v rámci projektu Stories of 20th Century
Celé nahrávky jsou k dispozici pouze pro přihlášené uživatele.

Pray and work, bear suffering in silence and don´t lose hope, whatever shall come

Stanislava Jägerová, a portrait
Stanislava Jägerová, a portrait
zdroj: archiv pamětnice

Stanislava Jägerová né Navrátilová was born on April 7th of 1938 in Tetětice near Kroměříž. At an early age, she lost her mother Anežka so she was raised by her aunt and grandmother together with her two older siblings. In January 1944, her father, the most affluent farmer in Tetětice, had been arrested by gestapo and after being imprisoned in Ostrava he ended up in Breslau (in today´s Poland) where he had been given two-year sentence. On January 11th 1945, he was forced to go on a death march with other inmates, heading westwards to Germany where he died just few hours before the company was liberated by the US Army. Stanislava and her siblings lived alone at the family farm. Their uncle become their legal guardian but as he was a father of six himself, they were taken care of by their young aunt till she married. Milos Vítek, a director of a textile factory in Brno, had been supporting Stanislava as well as she was a war orphan, but their bond was broken after he left for the United States after the February 1948. In 1951, the siblings lost both their land and livestock as the homestead was swallowed by the Collective farm (JZD). Despite all the adversities, Stanislava graduated from an agricultural secondary school and became an accountant. For years, she lived in Kroměříž with her husband and two daughters working in Agrochemical Enterprise (ACHP) as a company economist. Today, she lives in her home village of Tetěnice.