Aung Kyaw Moe (aka) Bo Tauk

* 1964  

  • My political name is Ko Bo Tauk and my real name is Ko Aung Kyaw Moe. My Father name is U Tin Mya and my mother name is Daw Tin Myint. I was born on 14 June 1964. After 1988 Military Coup, I worked as a member of Student Union of Nyaung Lay Pin Township and I was also a township secretary of New Society Party. At that time, student army and students from ABSDF were going in the armed revolt approach and I helped those enthusiastic people in my region to let them join to the armed fights/struggle. When I was serving those duties, acquiring problem was happened in those farming lands around Nyaung Lay Pin. It was because of SLORC government’s town expansion plans. It was implemented in every town across the country and they acquired farming lands besides those cities and towns. Although it was socialist system, there was land acquisition law and we forced the government to undertake farming land acquisition according to the legislation. I connected with Ko Thet Tun, Ko Ye Naing Aung and Moe Thee Zun who are the leaders of New Society Party and Kyaw Win Thein, my childhood friend, was also a central committee member of New Society Party of Kyauk Ta Gar, Phyu and Daik U townships. Since, they all were working at the central committee, I was doing the campaigns in cities and towns located at lower part of Myanmar and then I was imprisoned.

Physically not perfect but struggled for emergence of a perfect country

Aung Kyaw Moe (aka) Bo Tauk spent more than 4 years in Insein and Tha Yet Prisons as a political prisoner. He is suffering from Hepatitis C and now taking the treatment. Aung Kyaw Moe (aka) Bo Tauk was born in Nyaung Lay PinCity, Bago Region on 14 June 1964. He studied until grade 10. During 1988 Uprising, he was a steering committee member of Students’ Union of Nyaung Lay Pin City. After military coup, he was serving as (Township General Secretary of) New Society Party and arrested (for the first time) on 20 November 1989. He was sentenced to (5) years imprisonment on 20 March 1990 by No. 1, Court-Martial, Bago. He was released from Tha Yet Prison in January 1995. He was arrested for the second time in (December 1998 or 1999) and freed after 9 days interrogation made by military intelligence.