Luboš Jednorožec (1925 - 2016) - Records
All rights to use these materials are implied by rights of particular projects. If you can supply materials to this witness, please, contact us
- Born in 1925 in Prague-Břevnov
- Parents owned a leather manufacturing workshop,father held gatherings for Sokol friends at family home
- Following the events of 1948, a certain Růžena Švestková asked him to help her cross the Czechoslovak border.
- Luboš arrested in March 1950 for not having reported Švestková to the authorities.
- Sentenced to 10 years imprisonment.
- 1951 escape from the Svornost mine in Jáchymov.
- After nine months on the run he was caught during an attempt to illegally cross the border and was sentenced to a total of 28 years imprisonment.
- Repeated attempt to escape the country in 1964, this time via Yugoslavia; was caught and sentenced to 2 years imprisonment, in Leopoldov prison
- Successfully left the country in 1968, lived in California, USA
- Died on November, the 6th, 2016
Are you interested in the story of the witness and you would like to learn more?
12/07/2007Interview recorded in the framework of the project: Iron Curtain Stories, language Czech.
|Full record and protocol is available only for registered researchers.|
MP3, 884.87 MiB, 8:3:15 s
You can register to research room here
(c) 2000 - 2017 Post Bellum