Stanislav Vlč

* 1960  

  • „I was the pub Na Lapačce. Around two hundred people came there and some bands from Ostrava. I only remember the band Ajfel. Petr Kubíček PBK Blues was also there. But they didn’t even get a word in. Ajfel finished and then us (the band Pod hladinou) started playing when suddenly patrols of the National Security Corps came and said into the microphone that the event had not been authorized and that it had been cancelled. We said that we would continue playing. Ajfel joined us and others too. It was crazy. About thirty people kept playing and banging on everything and in the meantime the policemen were shouting that we had to disperse, that the event was unauthorized, banned. We were still playing when two buses arrived and a raid started, with some skirmishes. I was also taken inside the bus. Some people ran away to the fields. No one dared to fight with the policemen, but many yelled at them. And that alone was already provocation and sedition.”

  • „I went to Žabčice and they sent us back saying the events was over. Couple hours earlier they had cancelled the festival. Bands like Atomová mihule or Bobříky were supposed to play there. So, we went to Brno and found out that everyone had been in the park by the pub Na Střelnici. It looked like in San Francisco there. People sitting down, playing guitars. Hippies, flower children, rockers, ‘máničky’ – everyone sitting there together. It must had been around five hundred to one thousand people. It was amazing. Everyone had gone to Žabčice to a festival and was sent to Brno instead. In Brno it was cool. We were sitting there and suddenly police came and said that the event was illegal, that it was unauthorized gathering of people and that people were supposed to disperse. But nothing happened. People continued playing guitars and talking. There was a driveway and some people sat down there and didn’t let the police Zhiguli cars through. Even a police bus came. People started shouting: ‘Gestapo, gestapo!’ Then they carried out a raid. They dispersed us hard. We started running in all directions. I ran with two other people. All the pubs in Brno were suddenly closed. We had not known the city very well. We managed to get on a tram. We got out of it and Brno was depopulated. There was an open door, so I walked into the basement and saw drug addicts on crystal meth for the first time in my life. They hid us. We slept over there and left the second day, after the situation had calmed down.”

  • Celé nahrávky
  • 1

    Olomouc, 19.10.2018

    nahrávka pořízena v rámci projektu Příběhy regionu - STM REG ED
Celé nahrávky jsou k dispozici pouze pro přihlášené uživatele.

One does not have to follow suit

Stanislav Vlč in the mid-1980s
Stanislav Vlč in the mid-1980s
zdroj: archiv pamětníka

Stanilav Vlč was born May 15, 1960 in Přerov but had lived in Vrchoslavice in the Příbram district up until 1990. He became interested in the hippies movement and rock music at his junior high in Němčice nad Hanou and joined the community of young people nicknamed ‘máničky’, ‘androši’ or ‘vlasáči’ [all names for young people with long hair] who had a very distinctive clothing style and were characterized by a free spirit. In the 1980s he organized several secret but well attended underground festivals together with his friends. He also played in the bands Arstenben and Pod hladinou and drove around music events all over Moravia. He experienced several police interventions at that time. He remembers the raging members of National Security Corps in the restaurant Na Střelnici in Brno in June 1983, who used tear gas to disperse several hundred young people and arrested tens of them on the spot. Then in December 1984 they arrested and later sentenced his friend and band member Roman Matula to ten months in prison after a raid at the restaurant Na Lapačce in Šenov. He has continued to organize underground events and gatherings with friends even after the fall of Communism. In 2018 he lived in Uničov with his wife Věra.