Erika Herudková (1939) - Records
All rights to use these materials are implied by rights of particular projects. If you can supply materials to this witness, please, contact us
- born on 10 June 1939 in Bolatice in the Hlučín region
- by that time, the region was already annexed by the Third Reich
- her father owned an inn and had to join the NSDAP
- in January 1945 her ill father was drafted to the Wehrmacht, later dying in Soviet captivity
- Erika Herudková grew up with her mother and two siblings
- in April 1945 she witnessed the heavy fighting of the Ostrava-Opava operation
- after the war the family inn was confiscated
Are you interested in the story of the witness and you would like to learn more?
13/04/2016Interview recorded in the framework of the project: Silesia: Memory of multiethnic Region, language Czech.
|Full record and protocol is available only for registered researchers.|
MP3, 144.50 MiB, 1:45:13 s
You can register to research room here
(c) 2000 - 2017 Post Bellum